Re: nn6?

From: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 02:57:44 +0100
To: Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@w3.org>
cc: Orso Grigio <grizzly@worldonline.it>, tim booker <timbooker@btinternet.com>, "'JohnTNYC'" <johntnyc@yahoo.com>, www-validator@w3.org
On 27.11.00 at 16:27, Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@w3.org> wrote:

>This server seems to be returning 500's if there is no 'Host:' header
>specified on incoming requests. (does NN6 really not supply a Host:
>header!? If so, that's a terrible bug.

I can find no reference to such a bug in Mozilla's bug database.

>Anyway, I don't know why tim would have had trouble using the validator
>with his site; it works now and nothing has changed on this side.

Especially since the Validator would be the one to contact the server, not
Netscape, and the Validator /does/ set a Host header (or, rather, LWP
does). Nothing Netscape does should cause such an error in the response to
the Validator's request for a document!