Re: Validating XML on the Validator - Logo please?

From: Sean Palmer <wapdesign@wapdesign.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 17:11:38 +0100
To: "Terje Bless" <link@tss.no>
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
> No. It points out that it barfs on a page you say is probably invalid
> anyway and passes on two pages you say are supposed to pass. I'm fully
> aware that I'm missing something here, but I have no clue what that is.
:-|

Nothing is missing! The W3C validator only validates XML, not XML Schemas
(yet).

> As I said, I have no idea why Gerald doesn't use that "Valid XML" image
> that he's got sitting around. I'm sure there's something... (feel free to
> jump in any time here, Gerald! ;D).

Yes: maybe he's busy. I emailed him directly and he asked me to post it to
this list!!!

> This would imply directly groking XML Schemas, no?
Exactly

http://xhtml.waptechinfo.com/exp/

> Yes, those both validate. Shouldn't they?
>
> Am I missing something really obvious here? Everyone off sniggering at me?

*snigger* you're not meant to validate them, you're supposed to read them
for more information! They will inform you a bit about XML Schemas and XHTML
Families (I hope).

Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer
WAP Tech Info - http://www.waptechinfo.com/