Incorrect(?) HTML that passes validation

From: Kristof Burek (from the Cally Road) <Kristof.Burek@dial.pipex.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 09:29:25 +0100
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

I have a page ( http://www.yxf87.dial.pipex.com/_content001/BadHTML/AlmostOK.htm )
which passes the W3C HTML validation Service, but actually has a small
glitch that I shouldn't think would be regarded as correct.

in the <HEAD> element of the page there is a  tag with a missing > sign.  It
validates OK, but IE5 behaved strangely when I used the "Add to Favorites"
command which made me comb the page for the glitch that I eventually found.

I hope this helps.

Kristof

http://www.kristof.burek.dial.pipex.com/