validator.tar.gz broken?

From: Barney Gwyther <barneyg@iplbath.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 12:07:44 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hi.

I attempted to download the validator tar ball from
http://validator.w3.org/validator.tar.gz.

It unzipped ok but when I extracted the files from the resulting tar
the httpd directory was missing (all that it produced was the htdocs
and associated sub-directories), it also complained about a
'directory checksum error'.

I downloaded the tar ball again just incase, and will try again
tomorrow (I understand the tar ball is updated daily), but thought I'd
try and let someone know there was a problem.

Note: I'm running Solaris 2.7 on a SPARCStation 5, gzip v 1.3, and
a presumably up-to-date version of tar. By this I mean i've extracted
other archives with no problems so *think* theres no problems at
my end.

Barney Gwyther