Re: Bug: at W3C HTML Validation Service

From: Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 10:49:55 -0400
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
Terje Bless wrote:

> On 29.09.99 at 05:11, Ole Moller <olm@chaos.dk> wrote:
>
> >2) The validator says "tag not allowed here missing one of <object> ..."
> >when I open a form without closing my font-tag first.
>
> The FORM element cannot be contained in a FONT element IIRC.
>
> It's possible the validator could/should be improved to handle the
> situation better, but the above to errors are "correct" AFAIK, so the reply
> is "don't do that then". :-)
>
> Can anyone think of a better way to report these things?

For the second error, the WDG HTML Validator [1] says "element FORM not
allowed here; possible cause is an inline element containing a
block-level element", which I think is a bit less confusing.

[1] http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/

--
Liam Quinn
A Real Validator for Windows, http://arealvalidator.com