Problems with & in URIs

From: Tim Clapp <tcc1000@eng.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 17:41:01 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hi,

I get a lot of moans from the validator for URIs which contain &
characters: these are passed as arguments to a cgi script on another
site. The validator complains that the entity is not defined: surely
this should only happen on the body of the html, not in a URI. See
www.croftguesthouse.co.uk for an example. I hope is is correct and this
is a bug in the parser. Please let me know otherwise.

I'm not on the mailing list, so please email me directly if you want a
reply.

Thanks,
Tim.

--
Tim Clapp                   St. John's College, Cambridge, CB2 1TP
tcc1000@cam.ac.uk       http://www-sigproc.eng.cam.ac.uk/~tcc1000/