Re: This link seems to crash validator

From: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 03:01:35 +0200
To: "'www-validator@w3.org'" <www-validator@w3.org>
On 13.09.99 at 20:00, Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com> wrote:

>I'm not sure why the W3C Validator would give you problems

As a wild guess, it's choking because the page is missing explicit HEAD and
BODY sections. Possibly because LWP is trying to be clever before "check"
gets the data.

However, I'm somewhat bewildered by the fact that when I run a local copy
of the validator on a local copy of the page in question, it works just
fine. That seems to suggest a connectivity problem between w3.org and the
ma.us host or a different execution environment (most likely SP or LWP).

Since I can't reproduce the problem locally I'll have to punt. Gerald?

--
*** I just switched to a new email client.
*** If you see any format problems in this message, yell. Loudly! :-)

                                             -link