Re: Validator produces invalid HTML4 code!

From: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 02:22:29 +0200
To: "Héctor M. Monacci" <monacci@ibm.net>, www-validator@w3.org
On 12.09.99 at 15:59, Héctor M. Monacci <monacci@ibm.net> wrote:

>When I passed the pages with this little image (and the code that links
>the image to Validator)... IT DOESN'T PASS AS VALID HTML 4! See the
>report I get now:

I agree that the border attribute should be removed from the suggested HTML
sample to avoid exactly this kind of situation, but you also need to keep
in mind that the sample is perfectly valid in a HTML 4.0 Transitional page
(which is what the output of the Validator is).

--
*** I just switched to a new email client.
*** If you see any format problems in this message, yell. Loudly! :-)

                                             -link