Validation FAQs

Question for the maintainers of the group here:

I don't know what S/W is used to maintain this list, but
is it possible to try to scan for the FAQ stuff like
the usual validator "bug reports" about the "ampersand
in URL" or the "</ in a javascript document.write"
(... maybe even the "name attribute in IMG tag" stuff)
and auto-respond with the URL of the answers rather
than post to the list?

It would be nice to make sure that folks have found
and read something like Liam's
http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/problems.html
before posting to the list.  I can envision how I would
do it myself in Perl, but I would think someone has
already done this chore before.  Can anyone point me
in a good direction?  I am considering such a service
for the validation service I run on a private network.

(If this veers off-topic, replies by direct email may
be more appropriate.)

"pdf" -- you should check the above URL.