What is missing in the W3C Validator? (was: What is "validation"?)

On 08.10.99 at 21:34, Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com> wrote:

>Weblint (which can optionally be run at the same time as the validator) is
>an example of something else that can be done to check for adherence to
>the recommendation.  CAST's Bobby service (http://www.cast.org/bobby/) is
>another one.

Weblint is available as an option in the W3C Validator -- and Weblint is
being updated to better check new HTML versions -- and adding Accessability
checking/reccomendation (possibly using Bobby) is an idea that is buzzing
about the hollow recesses of my mind. :-)

That should cover most of HTML 4.0 and the WAI Guidelines.

Anything else that is needed? More information like page size, download
times, link checking and spell checking?