HTML Validator Bug

From: Nathan Miller <webpage@depere.k12.wi.us>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 16:55:18 -0400 (EDT)
To: "www-validator@w3.org" <www-validator@w3.org>
I am writing to inform you of a bug with the validator.
When validating a page with a URI containing and ampersand (for cgi purposes), the validator returns an error saying that (the variable name following the ampersand) is not a valid entity.
The validator should not look for entities in (URLs, URIs, URNs, etc.) because (to the best of my knowledge) the ampersand is not used to indicate an entity when dealing with URIs. (% is used).

Please fix this bug.

thanks,

Nathan J. Miller
Member of the Web Standards Project
Member of the WSP Grassroots Action Comittee
USDD Webmaster