[RFE] TODO list updates

From: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 00:32:18 +0100
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
* For completeness sake, there shoud be an entry for HTTP-over-SSL (aka.
  https) in the TODO list. It's mainly a non issue, as you get that for
  free by installing the approriate libraries (OpenSSL
  <URL:http://www.openssl.org/>, rebuilding LWP, and changing to the URL
  verification code in "check" to not reject "https://" URIs.

* Should have support for Proxy servers so a validator running behind a
  firewall/proxy can be used to validate pages outside the local internet.
  This is cheap (config options to LWP, mainly), and I can provide a patch
  for it, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

* Easy download/local-install/README should be on the list.

* Configuration with config files, rather then hard coded strings.

* Entry #19 and last part of #22 are done.

I'd provide patches for todo.html, but it's in priority order and I'm not
sure what goes where or even /if/ everything should go in. HTH, TTFN. -link