Re: Which DTD?

From: Chris Nappin <CNappin@inri.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 09:24:58 +0100
To: "Philip J. Bailey" <pjb@philipbailey.u-net.com>
CC: "validator (email list)" <www-validator@w3.org>

See http://validator.w3.org/sgml-lib/catalog for a list of DTDs supported by the W3C validation service. There are some Microsoft and Netscape specific DTDs - although I have never used them.

> ...Still untill the Microsoft and Netscape
> declare an armistis, and all browsers fully support the all the standards,
> what else can you do?...

If using a Microsoft/Netscape extension is necessary (e.g. a customer has asked for it) then I would forget about validation. Just do your usual thorough testing.

thanks,

--
Chris Nappin, INRI UK Ltd.
Tel: +44 (0)1703 760484 Fax: +44 (0)1703 760483 Web: www.inri.co.uk