Re: OK to display W3C logo based on 3'rd party validator?

From: Liam Quinn (liam@htmlhelp.com)
Date: Wed, Sep 22 1999

Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 18:33:49 -0400
From: Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com>
To: www-validator@w3.org
Subject: Re: OK to display W3C logo based on 3'rd party validator?

Terje Bless wrote:

> On 22.09.99 at 12:03, Uriel Wittenberg <uw@urielw.com> wrote:
>
> >Terje Bless wrote:
> >
> >>And since Liam is too modest to say it himself: the WDG Validator _is_
> >>better then the W3C one! Fairly significantly too.
> >
> >Then why don't Liam and W3C do a trade -- the W3C site gets his validator,
> >and he gets credited there.

Since the WDG validator is open source, the W3C (or anyone else) can use
it without giving me anything (though I probably would not refuse large
monetary gifts ;)).

> That's actually a very good question. I'm not sure why the WDG decided to
> implement their own Validator instead of using the W3C one. If they needed
> new features they could have submitted patches (even if Gerald is slow to
> pick up on them ;D).

I began planning the WDG validator before the W3C released the source
code of its validator.  While the W3C released the source before I
actually started coding, I still went ahead on my own for the challenge
and flexibility of doing it myself.

--
Liam Quinn
A Real Validator for Windows, http://arealvalidator.com