Re: OK to display W3C logo based on 3'rd party validator?

On 21.09.99 at 17:45, Uriel Wittenberg <uw@urielw.com> wrote:

>Liam Quinn insists I am entitled to display the W3C "valid HTML" logo
>based on validation at http://www.htmlhelp.com. Is this true?

I'm not sure what the W3C thinks of it, but AFAIK the icon is meant to
signify that the page in question has been validated to conform with the
relevant standard. The reason for the "W3C" is just that the relevant
standards are from the W3C. Also, both validators should give the same
result; if it validates with one it will validate with the other (the
essence of validating against a DTD rather then a "fluff-checker" like
weblint, Dr.HTML and the rest).

--
*** I just switched to a new email client.
*** If you see any format problems in this message, yell. Loudly! :-)

                                             -link