Re: patch for /check/referer

From: Terje Bless (link@tss.no)
Date: Wed, Sep 15 1999

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 07:07:44 +0200
From: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
Subject: Re: patch for /check/referer

On 15.09.99 at 02:22, Steven Drake <sdrake@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>the attached patch [makes] the shown URI a link to the URI ( for
>bookmarking), puts a note in about using /check/referer, takes note of
>whether /check/referer is being used and if so removes the line about
>bookmarking the current page.

Actually, if the CGI.pm patch gets applied, you can simplify that some. No
need to modify the attribute handling up front; you just use

    unless ($q->referer) {

instead of

    if ( ! $referer ) {

or, if you prefer

    if ( ! $q->referer ) {

or even

    if (not $q->referer ) {

(
    Isn't Perl great? :-)
)

"$q" is a CGI object and the "referer" object accessor method gives you the
CGI object's "referer" attribute (i.e. the referring URI).

--
*** I just switched to a new email client.
*** If you see any format problems in this message, yell. Loudly! :-)

                                             -link