This link seems to crash validator

From: Robert Carnegie (
Date: Mon, Sep 13 1999

Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 12:52:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: Robert Carnegie <>
To: "''" <>
Subject: This link seems to crash validator

I'm not joining - I just thought I should tell someone: isn't replying to me about the TeX page .  The validator just hangs, or
returns no content.

I'm a user of the Opera web browser, and someone raised the issue on the
private news server group news:// that
Opera doesn't properly handle nested super- and subscript tags.  In the
formula on the TeX page, the bottom-rightmost characters, 1/2
(one-half), are misaligned, because the 2 is subscripted from the
baseline instead of from superscript.  Microsoft Internet Explorer 4 and
5 misalign it too, apparently, but Netscape Navigator displays it
"correctly" - that is, if this /is/ correct.

I'm not sure how important this is - I don't really need an answer -
but, as I say, I'm surprised that the validator doesn't say yes /or/ no. gives the TeX page full marks for
everything except for search engine compatibility and, er, spelling -
because TeX and TtH aren't real words, maybe.

Thank you for your time.  Please e-mail if you think there's something I
need to know.