Re: URI not accepted

On 31.08.99 at 19:00, Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@w3.org> wrote:

>On Wed, Aug 25, 1999 at 09:12:39AM +0000, Terje Bless wrote:
>> The error handling of the validator isnīt really very impressive.
>
>I fixed that just now (now it displays the error code and text), see:
>    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.w3.org/1999/08/31/bogus
>for a sample.

That's much better.

>I think this functionality must have been lost with the upgrade
>to LWP from the old perl4 libwww-perl library.

Yeah, along with the redirect reporting which currently is a NOOP (in the
local copy of 1.27 I have have). That's what you get for writing code
that's not -w and "use strict" clean! :-)

BTW, why are you jumping through such hoops to proxy the authentication
request? Why not just offer a username and password field in the main HTML
form and authenticate using that? Much easier, and much cleaner; and it
doesn't require recompiling Apache and opening up security holes.

Oh, yeah, and $nice_html40_doctype and $html40_doctype are missing a double
quote right after the FPI.
    i.e. ''HTML 4.0//EN\n '' should be ''HTML 4.0//EN"\n ''

And qw() works just fine, why? :-)

HTH, TTFN. -link

--
*** I just switched to a new email client.
*** If you see any format problems in this message, yell. Loudly! :-)

                                             -link