Re: URI not accepted

From: Brian Gilkison (
Date: Tue, Aug 17 1999

Date: 	Tue, 17 Aug 1999 14:44:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brian Gilkison <>
To: Ollie Cornes <>
Subject: Re: URI not accepted

This might be a problem with what useragents your domain will allow...  My
ISP's webserver for dialup accounts ( only accepts connections
if request includes a known useragent (i.e., Netscape, Mozilla 4.0, Lynx,
etc.) or agents specifically requested by users (i.e. the W3 HTML
Validator) (this was implemented for security reasons).  After's OS was recompiled, I had to make such a request to the
webmaster here.

The end result was that until that useragent list was updated, I would
get similar messages while trying to validate my personal web pages...

Brian Gilkison