validator chokes on &

From: Reinout van Schouwen <rmvschou@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:18:36 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hello,

I am posting this from the Validator feedback page at w3.org. This is
about a problem I have with validating a site made by me: it contains
links to a banner exchange service and a statistics service, and both of
these URLs contain a '&' character.

The w3-validator and also the HTMLHelp-validator mistakenly assume that
it is an HTML entity and report an error. Is there a way around this so
that I can put the "HTML 4.0" on this site?

You can find the page I'm talking about at
http://clubsupport.info.nl/8106/

--
Regards,

Reinout