Newbie question about W3C images

From: Aijaz A.Ansari <aijaz@enoor.com>
Date: 5 Dec 1999 23:13:45 -0600
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hello there.

I have just started to use the W3C HTML Validation Service with a web site
(www.qss.org) that I work on that has about 1500 different pages.  Not all of
these pages validate cleanly (yet), but I'm trying to get there so that I can
have the server automatically display the icon on all pages instead of keeping
track of which pages validate and which don't.

For convenience, right now I don't display the icon on all pages, but in the
hyperlink I display the string "W3C Validator".  This provides an easy way for
me to call the referer validator as I visit various pages.

My question is: Is there some other icon or image that can be used for
situations like this while I'm working on getting the pages to validate?  My
motivation is to make the visitors to the site aware of the issue and to show
them that this is one of the goals we're striving towards.

Thanks.

Aijaz.

                 ENoor(TM) - making the Web work for you.