Re: URI not accepted

From: Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 19:00:23 -0400
To: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
Cc: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
On Wed, Aug 25, 1999 at 09:12:39AM +0000, Terje Bless wrote:
> On 25.08.99 at 00:51, JohnTNYC <johntnyc@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >I rechecked this URI with the validator and it validated fine.
>
> Then it could have been some intermittant connectivity problem between w3.org
> and hobomedia.com. I donīt have time right now to check the source, but I think
> this would produce the same effect (i.e. it treats a connectivity problem the
> same as all unknown results).
>
> The error handling of the validator isnīt really very impressive.

I fixed that just now (now it displays the error code and text), see:

    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.w3.org/1999/08/31/bogus

for a sample.

I think this functionality must have been lost with the upgrade
to LWP from the old perl4 libwww-perl library.

--
Gerald Oskoboiny       <gerald@w3.org>  +1 617 253 2920
System Administrator   http://www.w3.org/People/Gerald/