HTML 4.01 and XHTML 1.0

From: Kevin Berkheiser <KBerk@Bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 23:04:30 -0400
To: "W3C Validator" <www-validator@w3.org>

I just modified the doctypes on my home page to HTML 4.01.  When I
validate it seems the validator no longer says what version of HTML my
document validates as.  It just says it complies with the doctype
specified.

Anyhow, I know 4.01 is in proposed recommendation status.  Hopefully it
will be quickly adopted so we can get Mozilla on board before it ships.
The beta will probably be out in November.

Thanks

Kevin Berkheiser