Re: URI not accepted

From: Brian Gilkison <gilkison@one.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 14:44:17 -0400 (EDT)
To: Ollie Cornes <ollie@cornes.org>
cc: www-validator@w3.org
This might be a problem with what useragents your domain will allow...  My
ISP's webserver for dialup accounts (w3.one.net) only accepts connections
if request includes a known useragent (i.e., Netscape, Mozilla 4.0, Lynx,
etc.) or agents specifically requested by users (i.e. the W3 HTML
Validator) (this was implemented for security reasons).  After
w3.one.net's OS was recompiled, I had to make such a request to the
webmaster here.

The end result was that until that useragent list was updated, I would
get similar messages while trying to validate my personal web pages...

Brian Gilkison
gilkison@one.net