Re: W3C validator and charset

On Sun, 8 Aug 1999, Dan Connolly wrote:

> Found this in my mailbox... I think it's been fixed.

I don't believe so, nor does the changes list for the W3C validator show
any mention of such a fix.

  Character encoding: utf-8
                      ^^^^^
     Level of HTML: HTML 4.0 Transitional.

Below are the results of attempting to parse this document with an SGML
parser.

Error at line 32:
   <P LANG="ru">ВЫ ВЫЕЗЖАЕТЕ
                 non SGML character number 146

The WDG's validator does not have this problem, and has no difficulty
processing the same page.

> If not, please report the problem to www-validator@w3.org

Here we are.

all the best

--

  "I have no problem with cute and clever.  In fact I actually _like_ cute
  and clever.  I don't think it's clever to be cute in such a way as to