Segmenting code / "ease of use"

From: Brian Gilkison <gilkison@one.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 13:10:12 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
Has anyone (Gerald included) given any thought to segmenting the code for
'check' into more digestible pieces, i.e. subroutines?  I realize that
there are alreday some subs built-in, but it seems that there are definite
additional chunks of code that could be broken out for manageability,
such as
	1) grab the URI and make sure it's a valid URI
	2) fetch the document, and/or
	3) if it doesn't exist, why (302 redirects, etc.)
	4) generate the SGML file
	5) etc., etc. ...

Is this something people would like to see?  Or unnecessary complexity?

Brian Gilkison