Re: justify-self not recognized?

Thanks for your CSS and HTML.

If you look here (since you mentioned Mozilla):
   https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/justify-self
and scroll to the bottom you will see that the specification that covers
justify-self is still in "working draft" status. That means it is not yet
official CSS; only being considered.

You can confirm that here:
    https://www.w3.org/TR/css-align-3/
where you will see the following at the top:
W3C Working Draft, 23 April 2018
and "under "Status of this document" you will see:
<quote>
Publication as a Working Draft does not imply endorsement by the W3C
Membership. This is a draft document and may be updated, replaced or
obsoleted by other documents at any time. It is inappropriate to cite this
document as other than work in progress.
</quote>

As it is not yet part of the standard I doubt that the validator will
support it. Also, as it is subject to change it is not yet safe (in my
opinion) for use in anything except a testing environment.

Regards,
Walt