Re: Bug in CSS validator

On 16 Mar 2017, at 22:44, Wilfred Starrenburg wrote:

> I am getting na incorrect error message. In W3S in the example of
> animation is given ms-transform and webkit-transform. Your validator
> does NOT allow these !!!

Vendor-prefixed selector and property names are designed for testing
experimental features, not for general use on the WWW.  They are not
valid CSS. The Validator is correct to report them as errors. That said,
if you looked in the options menu of the validator you would have see a
menu that lets you treat those errors as warnings.

There’s no need to use vendor prefixed properties for transform
anyway. [All modern browsers support the standard implementation][1].

W3Schools is best avoided as a learning resource. It is frequently out
of date.

[1]: http://caniuse.com/#search=transform