Re: typeid element in UCN output

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014, Jon Cram wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've recently noticed the relatively new addition of the 'typeid' element in
> UCN output such as:
>
> <message type="error" ref="http://example.css">
>    <context line="10">.clearfix</context>
>    <title>Parse Error {*zoom:1;</title>
>    <typeid>generator.unrecognize</typeid>
> </message>
>
> I'll find this very useful in being able to categorise validation errors.
>
> Before I start depending to heavily on it being present in validation
> results, can I just check that this is a permanent addition to the UCN output
> and not just a temporary or experimental feature?

This is a permanent addition, it matches what can be found in
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/css-validator/org/w3c/css/util/Messages.properties.en
It is unique per issue type (but we probably need more fine-grained
errors in the long run).

> Kind regards,
> Jon Cram
>
> p.s. As an aside, does anyone know why the the UCN output format is so named?
I guess it is letters from UniCorN, but I'll ask the authors of it.

         ~~Yves