Re: Excluding linked stylesheets on CSS validator?

On Wed, 2 Oct 2013, Yves Lafon wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Sep 2013, Jaime Iniesta wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> When I validate an URI on the CSS Validator, it also validates the linked
>> stylesheets.
>>
>> Is there any way to exclude the linked stylesheets from the validation, so
>> only the styles defined within the page itself are validated?
>>
>> I guess there is no option to do that, and that the only way would be
>> removing the <link href="..." rel="stylesheet" /> tags from the HTML source
>> and then validating this as direct load.
>
> The possibility exists but not directly. I'll need to add an option in the
> URI parameters for that.

Note also that it will be an issue with style-wide checking.
ie: If you have some font definition in one css, and another css using it,
then you will have false negatives (this check is not there yet, but
planned, along with others). So using partial validation is to be used
with caution, and will likely raise a specific warning.
HTH,

         ~~Yves