Re: [bug] validator claims CSS3 has no margin property

Hello Yves,

> On Tue, 1 Oct 2013, Chris Lilley wrote:

>> Hello Www-validator-css,
>>
>> The CSS validator makes the following erroneous claim about many
>> stylesheets:
>>
>>    Value Error : margin
>>
>>    Property margin doesn't exist in CSS level 3 but exists in [css1,
>>    css2, css21] : 1.5cm 1.1cm
>>
>> CSS3 does of course have a margin property.

> Hi Chris,
> Do you have a test case for that?
> I suspect that it happens because of a previous error...

Hi Yves,

I don't have a minimal test case, but I do have a stylesheet that
generates the error. Unfortunately its the standard CSSWG stylesheet!

I suspect it is the combination of @media print, @page and margins on
pages which triggers it. So see for example

http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/CR-css-fonts-3-20131003/default.css

which starts thus

@media print {
        html { margin: 0 !important }
        body { font-family: serif }
        th, td { font-family: inherit }
        a { color: inherit !important }
        .example:before { font-family: serif !important }
        a:link, a:visited { text-decoration: none !important }
        a:link:after, a:visited:after { /* create a cross-ref "see..." */ }
}
@page {
        margin: 1.5cm 1.1cm;
}