Re: Bug in css validator

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 11:24:45 +0000
Cc: Szymon Nosal <szymonnosal@gmail.com>
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
On 15 Mar 2012, at 11:12, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
> Can you please explain why you regard this is a bug? You seem to be saying that correct CSS code is reported as correct and erroneous CSS code is reported as erroneous. That's what the CSS Validator is supposed to do. I do not understand what you mean by "correct section" here.

I think the issue is this.

Given the input:

	.test { background-position : 1px 1px; }

The CSS validator reports:

	Congratulations! No Error Found.

The report page of the validator also displays all the valid CSS found. This section reports:

	Valid CSS information

	.test {
		background-position : [1px, 1px];
	}

So where the validator should be providing a copy of the stylesheet with errors removed, it is introducing a new error instead.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk