Re: Google's HTML5 Stylesheet

From: Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 21:10:18 +0100
To: andrew <123and@gmail.com>
CC: www-validator-css@w3.org

andrew wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Google recently released a recommended stylesheet for HTML:
> http://google-styleguide.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/htmlcssguide.xml#Protocol
>
> It says this about /Type Attributes
> <http://google-styleguide.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/htmlcssguide.xml#type_attributes>
> /for CSS and JavaScript
>
> "Do not use |type| attributes for style sheets (unless not using CSS)
> and scripts (unless not using JavaScript)."
>
> Whereas the W3C validator is giving a warning (see image).
> Inline image 1

Until Google are capable of coding their own pages to
conform to standards (or to draft standards, in the case of
HTML 5), I would place little or no credence on any recommendations
they might presumptuously seek to make :

	http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.3

Philip Taylor