Re: CSS Validator doesn't build with ant out of the box... build.xml needs updating.

From: Dan Beam <dsbeam@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 12:19:59 -0700
To: Robert Pocklington <rpocklin@gmail.com>
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org
> Also the return code appears to be 0 even if there are CSS errors, for most build infrastructure, a 1 would be better (eg. System.exit(1)).

+1 to a non-zero exit code, +10 for unique exit codes for which part failed.

> Would the W3C consider moving this to a github project (being open source) this way people could contribute pull requests to add approved features
> and maintain this validator to keep it current (especially with the new CSS3 features).

+1 to cvs to git migration to Github.

I just tried the import process using git cvsimport and pushed the
result to Github (https://github.com/danbeam/css-validator).  It seems
relatively easy.  Looks like all the history was preserved and that
you'd likely be able to merge changes back and forth between cvs and
git as desired.

The free stuff you get from Github like the community
review/comments/awareness, pull requests, diff viewing/management are
awesome (they're what's allowing tons of projects to move faster and
gain support right now).  So, here's hoping other people think this
adds enough value to merit a process to migrate to/from the w3c's
github account (https://github.com/w3c).  We'll see.

Dan Beam
dsbeam@gmail.com