Question about CSS Validator Web Service

From: Chen Sun <chsun@live.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 15:50:58 -0700
To: <www-validator-css@w3.org>

Hi There,

I plan to design an CSS Validator which can validate a batch of files in the same directory. I have two questions hoping you can help me out.

1. based on http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/manual.html . Using Web Service

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?text=#oooouterx{marin:20x;border:1x solid #000;backgrod:blue url(images/lcolex1.gif) repeat-y left top;padding:5px;}

You will get "Congratulations! No Error Found."

But when I validate by direct input, a couple of errors there.

Did I use ?text=contentToValid right? Should I encode white space, etc?

2. Is it possible to validate a local css file? How? I tried http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=file:///C|/MyDocuments/test.css

or ?uri=C:\MyDocuments\test.css

or ?uri=\MyDocuments\test.css

or ?uri=file://servername/publicShare/test.css

None worked.