Re: [wishlist] A warning about absolute units

From: Cindy Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 13:20:33 -0500
To: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org
On 1/22/10, Bert Bos <bert@w3.org> wrote:
> Here is one for the wish list:
>
> A common error in style sheets is to use the 'pt' unit in style sheets
> meant for the screen. That is nearly always a mistake, especially when
> the style sheet also uses 'px' in other places. Depending on the dot
> pitch of the screen, the size of a pt may vary between as much as 1 and
> 2 px, thus if precise alignment is desired, it will fail on some
> screens, typically on higher-resolution screens with 100 to 200 dpi.

I second Bert's emotion but for purposes of scaling with respect to
visual impairments and *ACCESSIBILITY*.. :wink:

Warmest from Talking Rock..

Cindy Sue :)

- :: -
Celebrating Disability Independent Living!

http://www.facebook.com/ametrinebutterfly
Georgia Voices That Count, 2005
Talking Rock, GA, USA