Re: broken validator image

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 04:02:33 -0500 (EST)
To: Patrick Garies <pgaries@fastmail.us>
cc: Jens Meiert <jens@meiert.com>, Seb <spluque@gmail.com>, www-validator-css@w3.org
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010, Patrick Garies wrote:

>>> It seems the image gets delivered w/ the wrong MIME type?the HTTP
>>> response [1] indicates a PNG, but the image seems to be a GIF [2].
> I get the right image/gif for a GIF in Firefox 3.5.
>> Following [1] I see:
>> And the document sent starts with a PNG header.
> For this, in the same browser, I get:
> "The image ?http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/images/vcss.png? cannot be
> displayed, because it contains errors."

Could it be a cache issue?
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/images/vcss is served as is:

   Vary: Accept

For http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/images/vcss.gif
   Etag: "178shp7:vk28o15o"

For http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/images/vcss.png

I can't make the server serve the png content with image/gif Content-Type,
but as the first resource is content-negociated, it might be a local cache
issue on the browser.
So if someone has repeatable steps to reproduce the issue, it would be
more than welcomed.

Baroula que barouleras, au tiƩu toujou t'entourneras.