Flaky uptime of CSS-validator, and support for HEAD

From: Emil Stenström <em@kth.se>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:00:13 +0100
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
Hi!

I'm writing a small application that checks if the current page has any
CSS validation problem, and thought I'd use jigsaw.w3.org to get the
most reliable results.

Problem is, the uptime is very flaky right now, and the service often
time out. You are probably aware of this, and working on it, but I
thought I'd let you know anyway.

The second request I have is to get HEAD requests against the validator
added. The HTML version sets the number of errors in a HTTP header, and
supports HEAD requests, which makes checks against it very fast. I wish
you would support those two. Not knowing your backend, it shouldn't be
that many lines of code, right?

Thanks for reading, and for a great service!

--
Emil Stenström
http://friendlybit.com