Re: [www-validator-css] <none>

Chris @ Needapage.co.uk wrote:

> Hi ive just tried to Validate my CSS for my site at
> www.nptf.co.uk/beta/

It looks very odd, with the 404: Not Found message repeating over the
content. There's something very wrong with the server response.

> and it tells me that 'Value Error : font-family
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/fonts.html#propdef-font-family>  Generic
> family names are keywords, and therefore must not be quoted. :
> 'Arial','sans-serif''.

The error message looks rather self-explanatory to me, so I can't see how it
could be explained.

> Is this a bug as I've gone over every CSS file
> and all is as should be .

Odd.

> As my customer has requested to have the W3C
> validation links at the bottom of her page it is quite important that
> I get this sorted.

Have you already explained her why that's a very bad idea? The customer may
have got a fancy idea from somewhere, but it's your responsibility to
explain the real implications.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/