Re: Bug Report: CSS3 Validation of "ch" unit

From: Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:54:29 +0000
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
CC: Ryan Foster <rrf5000@psu.edu>
Intrigued by the following bug report from Ryan Foster, I read
the CSS 3 spec. on units, and read -- to my surprise -- the
following :

em  	the font size of the element (or, to the parent element's font size if set on the 'font-size' property)
ex 	the x-height of the element's font

Is there any reason why "ex" does not also reference
the parent element's font size if set on the 'font-size' property ?

Philip TAYLOR
--------