Re: Floats need explicit width??

From: Tsarma Tenzin <web@burki-scherer.ch>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 14:08:57 +0200
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
Dear W3C

As Tiscali has written, I think too CSS validator is loosing its charm.

I have defined in my css general classes like

..right {
	float : right;
}

..left {
	float : left;
}

div {
	width : 400px;
}

and now i have in my HTML  a div with class right . I am doing this
coz. I don't want CMS putting inline styles in my HTML tag, and
instead they can put a class.

And the joke is following don't give you the false warning.

..right {
	float : right;
	width : auto;
}

..left {
	float : left;
	width : auto;
}

But then why we have to write width : auto, when all element has by
default width auto!!
Isn't it after all 'Casscading' style sheet ? You define width there,
color here and get both width and colored box :-)

Thanks
Tenzin Tsarma

afa_sml-08-AAplus.gif
(image/gif attachment: afa_sml-08-AAplus.gif)