Re: Problems with setting up css-validator

From: Mike Garey <random49k@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:25:09 -0500
To: Jean-Guilhem Rouel <jean-gui@w3.org>
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 7:11 AM, Jean-Guilhem Rouel <jean-gui@w3.org> wrote:
> Mike Garey a écrit :
>>
>> I wasn't aware there was an alternative to css-validator.jar, since
>> the download page makes no references to *.war files.  I just tried
>> compiling a new version using "CLASSPATH=.:./WEB-INF/lib:$CLASSPATH
>> ant war" and then moved the css-validator.war file to WEB-INF/lib and
>> tried validating through Tomcat.  I received the following error:
>
> For ant war, you shouldn't have to specify the classpath. Once compiled,
> just move css-validator.war to the webapps directory of Tomcat. It will be
> extracted and deployed automatically by Tomcat.

Thanks for the suggestion Jean-Gui, after re-compiling using "ant
war", it worked perfectly.  If a war file is the preferred format for
use with Tomcat, why do the docs at
<http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/DOWNLOAD.html> not mention
anything about this?  I think it'd be very helpful to others if this
was mentioned.  Either that, or some instructions on how to get it to
work properly as a jar file.

In any case, thanks for the help.  I'm still curious as to why I
wasn't able to get it to work as a jar file, but at least I can now
get on with my work, which is the important thing!  Thanks again!

Mike