Re: Problems with setting up css-validator

From: Mike Garey <random49k@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 06:27:06 -0500
To: Jean-Guilhem Rouel <jean-gui@w3.org>
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 6:00 AM, Jean-Guilhem Rouel <jean-gui@w3.org> wrote:
> Mike Garey a écrit :
>>
>> However, I'm unable to get the css-validator.jar to work with Tomcat,
>
> Hi,
>
> Is there any particular reason for not using the css-validator.war
> (generated with "ant war")? They are meant to be used on application servers
> like Tomcat.

I wasn't aware there was an alternative to css-validator.jar, since
the download page makes no references to *.war files.  I just tried
compiling a new version using "CLASSPATH=.:./WEB-INF/lib:$CLASSPATH
ant war" and then moved the css-validator.war file to WEB-INF/lib and
tried validating through Tomcat.  I received the following error:

Jan 21, 2009 6:22:38 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
INFO: Servlet validator is currently unavailable

I tried using the default build.xml as well as one with a modified
Class-Path which removes the "lib/" prefix from the prerequisite
files.

Is there something else that I'm missing?  Thanks,

Mike