Stylesheet not detected?

From: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:53:29 +0000
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
Hi,

The result at [1] is for http://stackoverflow.com/ the issue being:

The presence of

<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://sstatic.net/so/all.css?v=5767">

on that page and the

'No style sheet found'

message on the validator result. The URI given for the stylesheet is
valid so I can only guess - and it is a guess - that the absence of the
type attribute from the link element is causing the validator to skip
it? *If* my guess is correct, might it be possible to detect this error
and report it rather than conveying a 100% pass message for a stylesheet
that the author will probably assume has been parsed (the no stylesheet
found message is a long way down the page).

Phil.

[1] http://tinyurl.com/yd9m3v3

--

Phil Archer