Re: I/O Error: Unable to contact target server! What now?

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Vukovic Rastko wrote:

> Dear Sir or Madam:
>

> I'm costumer at HostMonster, e.g. https://www.hostmonster.com/ where I
> download Simple_scripts/Joomla the Content Management. Now that is the
> site http://log.gimbl.com/. The site works. But, as you can see, when
> you click on CSS validate down left on my site, the Validator gives:
> "I/O Error: Unable to contact target server :80 after 3 tries."

Your icon has the following link:
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=%2F
it should be either
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Flog.gimbl.com%2F
or simply http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/check/referer

> On the FAQs page http://www.websitedev.de/css/validator-faq there wasn't
> such kind of error described. Have you same idea what happened to my
> site, is it harm situation, and how to correct the error?

Basically, the URI was seen as http://localhost/ and it failed as nothing
listen to that URI.
Cheers,

         ~~Yves