Re: Unexpected valid CSS

R.W. Crowl wrote:

> ody, td, th {
> font-family : Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
> font-size : x-small;
> color : #333333;
> }
>
> The above code in http://www.iconsfestival.com/ validates. My
> expectation is that it would fail because "ody" is not a recognized tag.
> Is this a bug in the validator or in my understanding of what is valid?

It's a bug in your understanding of valid CSS. Don't forget that a CSS
file can be applied to arbitrary XML (containing any element names) and
_future_ versions of HTML (again, containing any element names).
Therefore type selectors aren't restricted to a particular set of tagnames.

Hope that helps.
--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis