Dreaming up a new CSS validator

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:28:10 -0500
To: W3C CSS Validator ML <www-validator-css@w3.org>

Hi all,

It was with great pleasure that I had a chance to see a few of you at
the W3C technical plenary meeting at the end of October. The
"conference" part of the meeting was interesting, but as always it is
in the face-to-face conversations that I found inspiration and
excitement.

One discussion I had with Daniel Glazman (one of the chairs of the CSS
WG) was about the open possibilities if we were, today, to start the
CSS validator from scratch. The current tool is getting old, which has
some obvious advantages (a number of bugs are out for good) and
disadvantages, too. What if we started again today, would we make the
same tool at all?

I suspect this would be a great experiment to have with all the people
who care about CSS, and about the CSS checking service that we offer.
Your ideas... here:
http://www.w3.org/QA/2008/11/dreamimg_a_new_css_validator.html

Thank you,
olivier Thereaux - W3C - http://www.w3.org/People/olivier