Re: Warnings for non-applicable properties

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 07:39:20 -0500
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org, whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
To: Paul Arzul <paul.arzul@gmail.com>

Hi Paul, all,

On 10-Nov-08, at 1:53 AM, Paul Arzul wrote:
> please don't loose sight of the most common use case - an html file
> with some css. are the css validator's web logs public? what do they
> have to say? i'd love to know:
>
> * how much css is validated off non-xhtml xml and how much is (x)html?
> * how much traction css namespaces are getting

Neither are the logs public (if only out of respect for privacy
policy), nor would they include that level of detail. I do think it is
safe to assume that the validated CSS is used for (x)HTML more than
90% of the time. No idea how much traction CSS namespaces are getting
- but the specification not being a Recommendation yet, I suspect it
is not yet in full speed.

HTH,