Re: restful api wish

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 14:06:51 +0200
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org
To: Kai Hendry <hendry@iki.fi>

(Resending to the list as well.)

Hi,

On Oct 28, 2008, at 15:49, Kai Hendry wrote:

> Just noticed a silly problem. file:// has a colon.
>
> So it should be comma delimited instead of colon?

The word I have from the GNU Project is that they want the filename/
URL to be C string-like when containing colons. That is, quoting the
URL with ASCII double quotes was their solution that I then
implemented in Validator.nu.

http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#Errors was supposed
to get updated accordingly but so far hasn't been.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi