Re: -moz-outline-style

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 15:09:14 +0000
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org
To: "Reed Kirkpatrick" <reed@writeguy.ca>

On 14 Mar 2008, at 13:58, Reed Kirkpatrick wrote:
> So, how do I comply with W3C and remove the irritating "visited
> box" in FF?
>
> 41 a:focus  Property -moz-outline-style doesn't exist : none

I thought Firefox had supported the real outline property for a while
now?

Anyway - please don't do that. The point of having the focused
element indicated is that people who depend on it (i.e. anyone who
navigates using the keyboard) can see what they are "pointing" at.
Removing the focus marker removes vital information.

(And when you see the focus marker on every site you visit, it
doesn't annoy).

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/